Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Technology FTW!!














This post is bunk but o'wells.....

I ordered a 32GB micro card the other day for my phone and I was completely blown away how small it was for the amount of data it can hold. I still remember using floppies back in the day which only held about 1.5 to 2MB of data. To put it in to perspective, 16,000 floppies is equivalent to one 32GB Micro card that's the size of a thumb nail.....I don't know about you but I'm very aroused by this.  LMFAO

I think technology is greatest thing on Earth, but at the same time, it’s a curse.  Like yin and yang – good and bad.

As you can tell, I'm in a nostalgic mood.

Any comments or thoughts? 

5 comments:

  1. Its a good post. You even added pictures. I actually tend to dislike the availability of all this technology. We as people take advantage of this forgetting to learn skills. And when I mean skills:

    -Ability to navigate without a gps
    -Calculate measurement conversion without apps
    -Remember appointments without reminders
    -Memorize your contact's phone numbers
    -Remember trivial facts without googling
    -Just knowing how to do things without the aid of your smart phone

    I could go on and on. This is why I am so resistant to smart phones. I don't need one since I can do everything I need on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO true! Our society is so dependent on technology, if only we could figure out a way to help preserve our planet with all of our new found knowledge. My co-worker and I were looking at stuff from the 80's & 90's...it was so funny to see movies, snacks, and stuff we used to enjoy back then, like listening to the radio ALL DAY just to catch your favorite song and record it on a cassette tape. Now we have an infinite amount of entertainment and knowledge right at our fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Casey! It's like that cartoon WALL-E, about the robot. The people in the future are all fat and helpless and spend their lives in chairs. Sure we have the ABILITY to do this...but would we really want to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember as a kid my dad would get so super pissed at me if I didn't rewind a movie. I never did it because rewinding takes sooooo long! The old video store in Grape Creek would charge you extra if they had to rewind it. Heh Blockbuster had a sign on the doors saying "Be Kind, Rewind!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I concur...

    As a society, we are growing more and more dependent on technology. I'm sure there are already some people out there, right now, who probably can't function without technology. It's like; we're already on our way of integrating technology into our bodies (a.k.a. Cyborgs)

    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!

    ReplyDelete