Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What Really Grinds My Gears....

I'm guessing that this week is like earth week or whatever. So I've found my new pet peeve: the use of the phrase "going green". Its like the lamest and gayest saying that have come into play these last ten years. Its the ultimate vogue trend right now. Everything is going green, Everyone is saying it and I don't think most of them know what it means.

I'm all out for resource conservation and recycling of most materials. Hell, most of the things I purchase(clothes, dvds, my car, furnishings, home etc) are used. But its just getting ridiculous.  

Vegans: I will never stop eating meat. Domesticated animals are meant for consumption. If we're meant to eat exclusively plant based foods then why is it so hard for Vegans to get adequate nutrients?
Peta: I'll continue to purchase animal products and wear leather shoes. Fur lining is great too.
EPA: Hybrids suck!

That was my "green" rant.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the phrase "going green" is just ploy/gimmick produced by companies to reel in tree huggers and what-not, but we have to start somewhere. Do you agree?

    Tyler Durden: the greatest visionary of all time

    Tyler Durden: Fuck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may

    Tyler Durden: Do you know what a duvet is?
    Narrator: It's a comforter...
    Tyler Durden: It's a blanket. Just a blanket. Now why do guys like you and me know what a duvet is? Is this essential to our survival, in the hunter-gatherer sense of the word? No. What are we then?
    Narrator: ...Consumers?
    Tyler Durden: Right. We are consumers. We're the bi-products of a lifestyle obsession.

    Tyler Durden: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

    ReplyDelete