Tuesday, April 17, 2012

CAMPING!!!



This weekend we are going camping to Garner State Park for our anniversary. As most of you already know, it is our 10th anniversary. We wanted to do something special, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. I've heard great things about Garner so we're pretty excited. It is located between Junction and Concan. Its slightly further than Lost Maples. From the descriptions it boasts many amenities including: paddle boats, tubing, miniature golf, fishing, hiking and kayaking. The Frio river runs right through the park. Although we've had a bad drought this last year I hope with the current rainfall the river will still look good. I look forward to seeing clear water. We'll be doing some fishing, a little hiking and maybe paddle boating. My boss is an avid outdoorsman, so we won't have to buy hardly a thing. The biggest problem is getting everything in the car. Its going to be a tight fit! Our children will be staying the weekend with my grandmother. They're going to drive her fucking nuts. I'm sure she'll be more than ready for our return on Sunday.


Hopefully, we won't run into any bald bears!


My Top Ten Reasons Why Camping Is Better Than Big City Vacations:


1. Minimal Expenses; the typical campsite rental is $22 a night!
2. Entertainment is limited only by you.
3. Each experience is tailored to you.
4. Family team work creates stronger bonds.
5. Privacy
6. A break from constant noise pollution
7. Disconnect from technology!
8. Terrific view of the nightsky
9. Family Exercise
10. FIRE


Only Con:
NO alcohol is allowed on state parks... :(

2 comments:

  1. The next time I go camping, I'm going to get a primitive site so I don't have to worry about dropping F-bombs...

    Top ten things I love about camping

    1. FIRE
    2. FIRE
    3. FIRE
    4. Cooking over a camp FIRE
    5. The smell of EVERYTHING
    6. Make all the noise you want.
    7. Clear night skies
    8. The thrill of the unexpected. Nature=random good and bad events
    9. Wild life
    10. Oh, did I mention fire LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to that park and it's pretty excellent. We just went for a couple hours while we were camping for in Leakey, but if I remember right the water area is pretty damn big and I wanted to go paddle boating in their bigass paddle boats so bad. They were the king where the "oars" were these bigass floating wheels with big tire treads so you basically drive around on the water, it was sick.

    ReplyDelete