Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Welcome to the World of Tomorrow

New York Times Magazine published a very interesting article regarding innovations to make your life easier. Some are silly, others much more realistic. Take a look at this and tell me your favorite and any you'd like to see.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/06/03/magazine/innovations-issue.html

I'm not thrilled with #2. I like my coffee dark roasted and raw. I have no need for flavorings or uniformity. Roasting is an art in itself. You wine connoisseurs would not appreciate a uniform wine would you?

#5 is prolly my favorite. Washing my mane is a tedious pain in the ass!

#12 is a great idea, but....people would just destroy them. I mean lets be realistic. In SA, the people who use public transportation are part of the lower demographic. Individuals would obviously break, vandalize or steal them. The idea would be fantastic in places like Scandinavia or Japan where citizens take more pride and personal responsibility for their environment.

I fucking love #14! I don't know how many times I've had to listen to someone blab on when all I want to do is punch them in the face to make them shut up. I'm sure many of you can sympathize.

#15 Would not work on me.

We need to implement #17. Attachment parenting is getting fucking ridiculous.

I would abuse the hell out of #26. Give germaphobes and Obsessive Compulsive's more tools and validity.


1 comment:

  1. do not agree with number #17, plus that has nothing to do with attachment parenting at all. by definition attachment parenting fosters a child's socio-emotional development and well-being. it has nothing to do with being overprotective. but i still think #17 is stupid, i do not want my 3 year old attempting to climb a ten foot rock wall, especially when i have a 1 year old to corrall also.

    ReplyDelete